[TYPO3-dev] Can some page ID point to another database?

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Mon Jan 29 17:01:00 CET 2007

John Angel wrote:
> Why not using single database? If getting a lot of traffic, soon there will
> be problem with a huge MySQL tables, without any real solution what to do
> with it. If having several servers with identical Typo installations, it is
> easier to simply purchase another server and solve the problem.

First, thanks John for getting people think about performance. :)

I've read the thread but can't find what is "lot of traffic" for you.

When I did some quick and dirty tests with cache-header I was able to go
from 23 req/sec up to 140 req/sec on a page fully cacheable (no user login).

I know this is a weak calculation but 140 req/sec means 12 millions
pages served a day.

Can you tell us what kind of traffic you're going to get?

Patrick