[TYPO3-dev] Can some page ID point to another database?

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 21:47:45 CET 2007

> I have to admit that I did not follow the whole thread.

Here it is:
http://support.typo3.org:8080/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=93908&start=0&tstart=0

> A cluster is transparent so you shouldn't need DBAl for it. But is the
> disk based Mysql cluster ready for production? Earlier clusters are
> memory based and require the whole clustered db to fit into the RAM of
> the machines.

Don't know.

>> 2) Using separate server (and different database) per sub-domain,
>> fetching
>> main tables (be_*, fe_*, static_*, tx_templavoila_*, sys_*) from main
>> database server + synchronizing files from fileadmin directory (TV, CSS,
>> images and general HTML templates).

It looks something like this:

1) Main server: basic function is configuration of all other servers.

- 'pages*' and 'tt_content' tables are having ghost content, e.g. pages are:
ID 100 = Typoscript templates
ID 1000 = Sub-domain 1
ID 2000 = Sub-domain 2

Ghost pages are necessary to properly configure:
- access for BE users,
- specific templates for sub-domains,
- domain records.

- TV files are based in fileadmin/

- General HTML templates (header/footer stuff) are based in fileadmin/

2) Sub-domain 1 server contains all the content for this sub-domain.

- Using DBAL it fetches main tables (be_*, fe_*, static_*, tx_templavoila_*,
sys_*) from Main server.

- It is synchronizing complete Typo3 installation from Main server, except
/typo3conf, /typo3temp and /uploads.

- ID for root page is 1000, having specific template for this sub-domain.

3) Sub-domain 2 server is just like Sub-domain 1 server, except its root
page ID is 2000.

Did I forget something?

Regards,
John