[TYPO3-dev] extension key

Thu Jan 25 08:56:14 CET 2007

> I think there is no real solution to these 'problems'....
> If the extensions author doesn't want to respond, or
> doesn't want to help out..., then what???
>
> Same as with my rvt_dojo extension......

I can't find such an extension in TER ....

> What can we do, make a other extension?
>
> They only thing we 'really' want to do is add options to it,
> and see if there is a need to update the smarty core.
>
> Ries

Hi Ries,

we should consider if it is generally possible to assign extensions, that
are obviously not maintained be their owners to other owners, if the
owner doesn't respond to emails any longer. Certainly I only speek of
public extensions that are GPL or matching licenses. Would that be covered
by the GPL?

We wouldn't steal the copyright of the original sources, we simply would
do development upon the original code in that case. So I personally
guess it would be covered by the GPL. If so it is a question, that is
point of decision of the TYPO3 community. Do you think it would
be an advantage for all to transfer extension maintainance if the owner
doesn't care any longer?

Regards

Elmar