[TYPO3-dev] Frontend editing

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Jan 20 19:10:44 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Dan Frost schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We've been working on a system called "involve" for the past year or
>> so. Finally we have a speak preview of it.
>>
>> See http://www.3ev.com/randd/see_involve.html for a short screencast.
>
> Looks great!
>
> I can see it work for plain text fields and RTE fields.
>
> Does it work with more complex elements/plugins? TCE forms are space
> hogs, so simply embedding them (however) probably doesn't look too nice.

Another question which I came across when musing about AJAX-FE-editing:

How do you deal woth the "rendering context" of TS? A DB field may be
transformed by numerous TS settings and PHP code. So it's rarely aa
simple as converting a span into an input field and back (and saving the
change via AJAX in the background).

Masi