[TYPO3-dev] Mapping eId-URLs to "real" URLs

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Jan 19 17:13:26 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> R. van Twisk schrieb:
>
>> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>>

>>> Hi!

>>> I would be interested in integrating eID support to realurl. However I
>>> do not know much enugh about eID at the moment :(
>>>
>> I think the whole idea about eID is to get the least amouth of overhead
>> doing 'ajax' sort of calls to the CMS.
>>

> eID is not only for AJAX, but also for eg showpics.php and possibly thumbs.php

That's why I put it between quotes '...
> I don't want to force Real URL upon an eID-script. What I want is that a
> script *may* use Real URL but doesn't have to. I'm thinking of a URL
> translation hook in class.t3lib_eidtools.php. In this class you find
> currently code to create a full blown FE session an to establish a DB
> connection. The script may use it, but it doesn't have to.

It would be cool if it is a 'may' so it's up to the user to decide to
use realUrl or not.
It might nice to set it in the config, something like:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['eID_include']['<EIDNAME>.']['realUrl'] = TRUE;

Then a simple check could do the trick..., I might be mistaking here...

>  > It's ment to be working on the background, and not for visible URL's.
>
> Showpic and thumbs (which is currently no eID) are visible. If they got
> "real URLs" I could wget them without any ? in my file local names (which
> IE doesn't like at all).

full ack...