[TYPO3-dev] Mapping eId-URLs to "real" URLs

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Jan 19 14:38:14 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> You are right, the usual path-to-uid translation is done elsewhere. I
>> have no problem in calling a path-mapping routine myelf. The point is
>> that Real URL must be aware of my mapping scheme. It must recognize the
>> eId-URL prefix and act accordingly.
>>

> I would be interested in integrating eID support to realurl. However I
> do not know much enugh about eID at the moment :(

I think the whole idea about eID is to get the least amouth of overhead
doing 'ajax' sort of calls to the CMS. Sometimes I find it annoying I don't
have TS or cObj easily, on the other hand the response time of using
eID is very good and making ajax suggest sort of systems workable.
I use this more and more often (together with dojo toolkit) and it
simply rocks.

My suggestion is not to make eId 'realUrl' aware and keep eID as 'lean' as
possible. It's ment to be working on the background, and not for visible
URL's.

just my 2 cents.

Ries