[TYPO3-dev] Bug 0002314 - sorting of records is not working fortranslations.

Bernd Wilke 19m0nyq02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jan 15 15:02:59 CET 2007

"Patrick Pirrotte" <Patrick.Pirrotte at lns.etat.lu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.83067.1168860197.21325.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Dear List,
>
> In my opinion, the strength of Typo3 lies within it's ability to
seamlessly
> manage multiple languages per site. While dabbling in a localized
extension
> I noticed that when sorting records in the backend, translations were not
> moving accordingly. So I checked in the bugtracker and found Bug 0002314:
> "When moving records the translation do not move with it". Unfortunately,
it
> seems that this has been downgraded from a major issue to a minor issue, a
> decision  I have trouble understanding. Worse, there seems to be no
> resolution and this since March 2006. As my knowledge of Typo3 internals
is
> close to 0, I'm not able to correct it myself.I've been digging in the
> classes, but I do not grasp the big picture yet.
>
> Is there any more info on this topic, workarounds or patches maybe? Or is
> there a brave soul who could help on that?

I miss this feature too. But I know situations where it sholdn't work by
itself!

It may make sense to have different orders in the different languages.

e.g. having an alphabetic-order (by hand) which is another after
translation.
or an order for importance which is another in another country.

I wish to have a button to reorder the translated records acording to the
records of the masterlanguage. But I want to decide by myself wether and
when I will use it.

I also wish to see all orphaned records (records which are not in
default-language  and have no master-record) in 'Localization view'.
And third: I wish to chain orphaned records together with just a click. (its
hideous to use phpmyadmin for this ;-) )

Workaround:
Switch of the 'Localization view' and order all records as you wish
(espacially the translated records just behind their master). You are done,
if no record jumps around on switching 'Localization view' on and off.

Bernd
--
www.bernd-wilke.net