[TYPO3-dev] How Typo3 stores language information in page modules?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Fri Jan 12 09:56:36 CET 2007

Hi

I'm developing for page module tab set

Contents - shows all content in page module view
Properties - shows page properties
Language properties - if the page has more than one language,
shows tab to edit page language overview record
Last edited content - link to last edited content
Preview - Web > View as tab

The main problem is how Typo3 stores language information in page modules?

The classic page module has language selector menu as SELECT menu.
When you click it it send $_GET parameter
$_GET['SET']['language'].

The problem is that the $_GET parameter will be often lost.
I can't use that information.

Even if it is lost, Typo3 doesn't change the language information.
Presumably it is stored into some JavaScript object of the top frame.
I tryed to dig where and how but I didn't find.
I should be able to save that value into a cookie in order to use it
to keep language information to show 'Language properties' if needed
and to show clicking 'Preview' the correct preview and not the preview
of the default language.

Endeed this set doesn't need that
Contents - shows all content in page module view
Properties - shows page properties
Last edited content - link to last edited content

The idea of two last is that if you edit currectly some content element,
you can look the page properties of that record easily
and you can easily get back to the same content easily.