[TYPO3-dev] Bidirectional MM relations

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sat Jan 6 15:36:36 CET 2007

Hi,

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey,
>
> check out the Wiki:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Inline_Relational_Record_Editing
>
> Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'd like to test the bidirectional MM relations in 4.1. Is there
>> already documentation about how they are set up in the TCA? I looked
>> around a bit but the core docs all seem to not have been updated for
>> about 6 months, so I assume I won't find it in there.

Sorry, but I have to correct that. Inline Relational Record Editing is
not about handling birectional MM relations in general. What you're
looking for is just the extension of the regular MM-behaviour to be
editable by two sides (bidirectional).

Have a look to the annoncement [1] of Ingmar Schlecht on the Core-List.
There is also a small test-extension for bidirectional MM relations.

olly

[1]
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2006-September/005656.html
--