[TYPO3-dev] Avoid clearing cache in Draft workspace

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:45:38 CET 2007

Hi Masi,

> It should clear the cache only in LIVE ($workspace===0).

Agreed, I've added this to bugtacker:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4739

> OTOH, publishing should clear the cache. Is this done already?

As far as I know, it clears everything everywhere currently, including
publishing.

Another suggestion is to disable clearing the cache for hidden articles -
page cache should not be cleared when editing/publishing hidden articles.

Article is hidden if:
a) hidden attribute has been set
b) startdate is higher than the current date
c) stopdate is lower than the current date

This should be added in functions clear_cache and clear_cacheCmd in
t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php, also.

Regards,
John