[TYPO3-dev] Top Area Applications

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Tue Jan 2 12:42:54 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper kirjoitti:
> "Tapio Markula" <tapio.markula at atwebteam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1167727681.28851.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Martin Kutschker
>>> The point was that this feature will not be finished for 4.1. But of
>>> course you can remove the die() and play with it if you want to.
>> coud someone put into internet some screenshots (I would not install this
>> level beta, but I would like to get some impression, what's going on).
>
> Hi Tapio,
> take a look at http://www.sk-typo3.de/fileadmin/toparea.gif

quite as I expected. Normal navigation frames used.
It has some advances compared with my topmenu in skin_grey_2
1) three level (top menu is two level)
2) space to use full labels

My solution has also some advances
1) If you work with some module, you can keep the menu open and you
don't need to start from beginning every time
2) menu remembers, what is the last used main and submodule - this
information can be stored even over sessions and you can start work,
where you was last

Which of them is better - my topmenu in skin_grey_2 or this,
is just a matter of taste.

> btw - why you don't make a local install ? It takes a few minutes and you
> can play along.

not enough RAM and hardisk space in this computer