[TYPO3-dev] Top Area Applications

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Mon Jan 1 19:57:51 CET 2007

"Steffen Kamper" <steffen at dislabs.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1167674834.25495.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi guys,
>
> welcome in 2007 !
>
> With the new beta i saw the ext Top Area Applications, but i don't get how
> it works. I didn't found a description, only a few questions about. In the
> english list someone mentioned: go to alt_main_new.php and you see it ...
> I see a white page ...
>
> Can anyone give me a hint or a source for more informations about that ?
> thx.
> Steffen

after I looked into
alt_main_new.php

i found this line at the beginning:

die(); // Disabled until Kasper finishes this feature.

after removing it works.

Why did that ? You can get this feature only with manual typing the url,
it's a beta version, so this is no problem if a feature isn't finished, but
with showing this feature other people will be able to try, to bugfix or to
discuss new ideas,
as kasper said:
"BTW, you are all welcome to improve those default applications I
wrote for the top menu! Most of them were just made to prove some
points etc. and I'm completely open to freaky ideas! (And that
doesn't happen too often you know ;-)"

vg  Steffen