[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Performance

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Feb 28 11:00:12 CET 2007

Hi!

Nicolas Cohen wrote:
> i have just deployed a typo3 website and i'm having some performance
> issues. i  have done most documented steps to improve performance but
> its still behaving lame.
> The server is a CentOS 4.2 with a 2.6 core, apache 2 and mysql 4. 512 Mb
>  of RAM.
>
> I'm using ab to benchmark, "ab -n 30 requestURL"
>
> 1. When i test on a plain file containing the rendered homepage's html,
> it can handle 600+ requests per second.

Look good.

> 2. When i test on a simple php file that does some image resizing code,
> with a cache system that loads the resized image from hard disk once its
> cached, i get 350-400 requests per second.

Also good.

> 3. When i test on a typo3 page without one single line on the template
> record, i get 15-20 requests per second.

Slow :(

> 4. When i test on a typo3 page with templavoila, a loaded template and
> no content i get 8 requests per second. The template has 2 HMENUS and
> evaluates login to render some content.

This is really slow. We got nearly 50 rq/s on a *live* server with tv+
several USER_INT (non-cached) objects on the page. This for for typo3 4.0.

It seems that you need to tune your server. Check if you have php
accelerator, it will double (if not triple) the rate. Check if mysql
query cache is enabled, this gives huge performance increase.

You do not have enough memory: 512M is too small! We have 2GB and it is
not much.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/