[TYPO3-dev] Cut and paste items, uid changes to values 8, 16, 32 etc.

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 26 11:31:44 CET 2007

Brian Bendtsen wrote: on 26.02.2007 11:16:

> I have made a small extension to display a list of employees. I just
> created 6 records in a wrong sysFolder and by cutting and pasting them
> into another page the uid was changed from 5,6,7,8 to 8,16,32,64. Can
> someone explain this?

You probably wrongly set the "sorting" field in your TCA to "uid". The
"sorting" setting decides in which field TYPO3 will save the sorting you
will manually do in your records, which are a bunch of sorted integers
(stating in 2^x steps). Usually the field is called "sorting" so you set
"sorting" => "sorting" in your TCA. Leave it out, if you don't have a
"sorting" field (and set "default_sortby" => "ORDER by uid").

Cheers,
Ernesto