[TYPO3-dev] Get javascript values from popup wizard

Andreas Wagner andreas.wagner at klee.se
Wed Feb 21 19:24:00 CET 2007

Hi list,

I'm developing a wizard of type popup for a TCEFORMS field, and I wonder
if there is a way to get the values from the form elements into the
popup window. I have been trying for quite some time now to understand
the javascript of alt_doc.php and some of the core pupup wizards, but I
guess my javascript knowledge just isn't good enough. Anyway, I figure
that since you are able to set a form value from a popup window you
should be able to get one as well.

I have been experimenting with all sorts of things like
window.opener.TBE_EDITOR.getElement('data[tx_calvinobooks_book][4]', 'isbn')
and
window.opener.typo3form.fieldGet('data[tx_calvinobooks_book][4][isbn]')
and
window.opener.document.editform.data[tx_calvinobooks_book][4][isbn]

but all I get is nothing, null or "undefined".

Does anyone know how to solve this, or is there any documentation of the
javascript functions in the core somewhere or a tutorial on how to use them?

Any help much appreciated.

Regard,
Andreas