[TYPO3-dev] Moving pages in workspaces - brainstorm

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Mon Feb 19 20:48:24 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Wolfgang Klinger schrieb:
>> *hiya!*
>>
>> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>>
>>> Soon you will learn how powerful workspaces in TYPO3 version 4.0 is.
>>> Unfortunately you might be distracted by the fact that you cannot
>>> move a page or any other element in a workspace. Please do not
>>> obsess  on this "problem" because it is really a tough one to solve.
>>> And  therefore I would like to a) explain why I didn't even try to
>>> implement it and b) ask for any suggestions as to how it can be solved.
>>

>> Anything new on this topic?
>> Any solutions (free or not, 100% finished or not) for moving elements
>> in a workspace?
>
> Another idea:
>
> Make auto-versioning create only page versions and never element versions.

Two more ideas should make it possible to move elements and pages freely
in an auto-versionied workspace:

Automatic creation of page versions of parent pages (source and target)
when you move elements or pages.

And in case you want to have element versions you may want to add an
auto-merge feature (element versions into page version) for the target
page during a move operation.

So what needs to be done is to make a move an atmoic operations. AFAIK
it's currently just two consecutive copy and delete operations.

Masi