[TYPO3-dev] Disable Image upload field in be for file group in extension tca

Andrew Davis andrew at theandrewunderground.com
Sat Feb 17 23:42:37 CET 2007

mmm Actually i think you might be mistaken about what I am asking....

I dont want to deactivate uploading in filelist or doc module, I want to
remove the BROWSE field in an files field in a record editing.

See this...
www.avagraphique.com/noupload.png

I have X'd off what I want to remove from the field entry...

you see, when user uses BROWSE... to choose image it is uploaded into
uploads/extensionname directory, but if they change that image later
that file gets deleted. We are concerned that users will upload files
tis way, not keep originals, then change images later, and then they
wont have a copy of that image anymore.

If we force user to use filelist to upload to a dir, then choose image
from that dir, typo3 copys that image to the uploads/extensionname
folder, and if user changes that in the future, original still exists
inthe original filelist upload.....

Thanks,
Andrew