[TYPO3-dev] negate handling of extensions and page-types for BE-groups

Franz Koch typo at fx.MINUS.graefix.DOT.de
Sat Feb 17 14:35:43 CET 2007

Hi Oliver,

>> Do you think such a change might get into 4.1?
>
> I fear not. 4.1 has been feature freezed.

thought so...

> I am not sure, but have you looked into the Allow/Deny Stuff in the
> Configuration? Doesnt this do that?

Sorry, but what do you mean? In the BE-module 'Configuration'? Haven't found any 'allow/deny' stuff there.

I know where I can configure be-groups and how it works if you mean that. But my point is, that it works inconsistent and should be changed.

In the configuration of a BE-group you have to allow (if 'include access lists' is checked):
- modules
- tables (listing)
- tables (modify)
- page types
- allowed excludefields

but you have to DENY:
- pagecontent types
- pagecontent plugins

and that's the wrong behaviour. By default pagecontent types and plugins should also be disabled and you should ENABLE them in the BE-group configuration.
A once denied plugin will never be allowed again for a BE-user - even if he is member of a second group that would allow to edit the plugin. And thats my point. Once disabled - never enabled again - but I think it would be better to sum up the allowed values then the restrictions.

Example:
- Group1:
  A is enabled
  B is enalbed
  C is disabled
- Group2:
  C is enabled
  D is enabled

A user attached to both groups has the following rights with CURRENT behaviour:
- A is enabled
- B is enabled
- C is disabled
- D is enabled