[TYPO3-dev] Writing to page type <> 0

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Sat Feb 17 11:38:04 CET 2007

Hi Ingmar,
thanks for the reply. See my comments below.

> Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) wrote:
> > I think I've asked this question before but I'm not sure that I've
> > ever good a useful reply. Is there any proper documentation of the
> > TYPO3 page type concept? How do I make my extension write to a
> > certain page type? E.g. if I wanted my extension to write to 99 in
> > plain text, how would I do that? Any hints and pointers would be
> > very much appreciated!
>
> myPage = PAGE
> myPage.typeNum = 99
> myPage.10 < plugins.tx_myext_pi1
>
> Do you mean this?
>
> However, this is probably a question better asked in the english main
> mailinglist.

If this is it, it probably is. However, I need to know more than this
if I want to use it. How can the plugin react to the typeNum if it is
only defined like this? It will not know what kind of context it is run
in. That is what has always been (and remains) a mystery to me. E.g. if
I wanted a plugin to write a different kind of output on typeNum=99
that typeNum=0, how would I do this. That's the reason why I ask the
question here. I know how the TS works but how does it work in the
plugin? I just haven't been able to disentangle the whole concept at
all.

Cheers,
Christian