[TYPO3-dev] Bidirectional MM relations

Tomi Hrovatin tomi at tri-ex.si
Tue Feb 13 15:39:43 CET 2007

one more question ...
What about bidirectional MM on same table?
example: tt_news and field related news?
If I set tt_news_1 as related news to tt_news_2, i'd like to see that
tt_news_2 is related to tt_news_1 when editing in BE.

There are 2 ways I see:
- by setting some parameter in TCA that instructs loaddbgroup to make
two queries (one for local and one for foreign relations) and then
combines the arrays.
- by setting some parameter in TCA that instructs TCAmain (is it?) to
insert 2 records in MM table (one for local and one for foreign relation).

I looked in loaddbgroup source but could not find out if that is
possible. Any hints?

thnx,
--
Tomi Hrovatin