[TYPO3-dev] Backend ajax: mID approach

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sun Feb 11 11:14:35 CET 2007

Hi Maximo,

Maximo Cuadros wrote:
> Yes its a good idea but then u need change ur code, i tried to change
> alt_ajax_doc.php for not disturb and make that more ppl change his
> code.
>
> U can change ur IRRE code to fit mID? Or maybe i make this way just
> for my ajax funtions and if all is approved u change ur code?

I'll make some cleanings in alt_doc_ajax.php for 4.1. Since we have the
feature freeze for TYPO3 4.1 the new mID technique will soonest be
integrated into 4.2. But I really like to see this feature in the TYPO3
core to have a central handling method for AJAX calls.

There are some other parts that have to be adjusted to mID:
- Kasper's new backend functionalities
- AJAX page tree and file tree
- Inline Relational Record Editing

So what are next steps:
1) Cleaning alt_doc_ajax.php for 4.1
2) You can make your changes/tests and publish them
3) I'll take care about this feature and provide changes for core parts
4) We have to write documentation to inform other developers how to use
5) Finally I'd also like to post the RFC on the core list
6) If nobody objects this goes into core for 4.2

I created a feature request on the bugtracker:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4966
Feel free to post notes and attach files.

You can also contact me off-list if you have special questions or
whatever concerning this topic.

olly
--
Oliver Hader