[TYPO3-dev] Flex field in tt_news record

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Mon Apr 30 17:29:38 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I created a Flexible Content Element and I can insert it in my page
without any problem. In the FE it is rendered correctly.

Now I want to use this FCE inside a news record. I created an
extension that adds a new field to the tt_news table. The field type
is flex
(http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.1.0/view/4/2/#id3661927).

In the BE I can use correctly the FCE inside the tt_news record (this
means that I can insert the custom field values and they are saved in
a single field in XML format). Every thing works fine.

My problem is: in the FE I want to render this field. In other words I
need to convert this XML in HTML and I think that this can be done
using a TemplaVoila function. Is it correct? If yes, which function
can I call?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
 Mauro Lorenzutti

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com

WEBFORMAT srl | Corte Europa, 12 | I-33097 SPILIMBERGO PN
     Tel +39-0427-926.389  --  Fax +39-0427-927.653
       info at webformat.com  --  http://www.webformat.com