[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 knowledge base

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:13:41 CEST 2007

Hi!

John Angel wrote:
> E.g. I needed 30 minutes to find good answer to question "How to spam
> protect email address?". I knew there were some settings in config, but
> documentation did not provide proper usage, just pure explanation. So, I

Really? I am copying from documentation:
-------------------------------
If set, then all email addresses in typolinks will be encrypted so spam
bots cannot detect them.

If you set this value to a number, then the encryption is simply an
offset of character values. If you set this value to "-2" then all
characters will have their ASCII value offset by "-2". To make this
possible, a little JavaScript code is added to every generated web page!

(It is recommended to set the value in the range from -5 to 1 since
setting it to >= 2 means a “z” is converted to “|” which is a special
character in TYPO3 tables syntax – and that might confuse columns in
tables. Now hardcoded range)

Alternatively you can set this value to the keyword "ascii". This way
every character of the "mailto:" address will be translated to a Unicode
HTML notation. Have a look at the example to see how this works.

Example:

mailto:a at b.c will be converted to mailto:a@b.c

The big advantage of this method is that it doesn't need any JavaScript!

In my opinion it is absolutely clear.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/