[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 knowledge base

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 14:08:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

Sometimes it is difficult to find answers for simple things.

I am not talking about documentation, but simple examples, like FAQ or
knowledge base.

E.g. I needed 30 minutes to find good answer to question "How to spam
protect email address?". I knew there were some settings in config, but
documentation did not provide proper usage, just pure explanation. So, I
found it somehow - check out comment #2 of  Michael Stucki January 15, 2007
07:37:
http://buzz.typo3.org/people/ron-hall/article/spam-protecting-your-typo3-e-mail-addresses-with-a-special-twist/

It is perfect answer for FAQ.

Or just look at excellent site:
http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/

I think we should have official knowledge base somewhere on typo3.org. The
concept should be similar to typo3wizard.com. Just like we are transferring
bugs from mailing list to bugs.typo3.org, we should transfer simple Q&A to
knowledge base.

We should integrate a complete "TypoScript By Example" in it, also.

I can see that similar project is already on the to-do list, but cannot
check status of it:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/KnowledgeBase

Regards,
John