[TYPO3-dev] Using optionSplit in own extention

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 21:57:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 4/19/07, Бойчук Петро <petro.boychuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at atwebteam.com> wrote:
> >
> > Бойчук Петро
> >
> > > smt like this:
> > > plugin.my_ext_pi1 {
> > > wrapItems = |<separator>  |*|  |<separator> |*| |
> > > }
> >
> > yes
> > > But how to use it in my extension?
> >
> > predefine menu - option split is primary for those.
>

> Yes, I know that optionSplit if for menu. But what is menu - it is list of
> items. I guess I can use optionSplit functionality for items in my
> extension. Or maybe tt_news developers could use?
>
> > predefine menu - option split is primary for those.
>
> good idea. Maybe, somehow I can output my items using menu, menu items, menu
> states and so on. Hm, I have to check this possibility. Thank you.
> But I think question is still open.

Check the HMENU section of the TSref [1]. The simple answer to your
question is 'if you want to use menu properties, make a menu' ;-)

There is a section on that page called "Example: Creating hierarchical
menus of custom links" that should probably get you started.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.0.0/view/8/11/