[TYPO3-dev] ext. dev: Issue with database relations and multiple users

Brian Bendtsen nightowl at galnet.dk
Tue Apr 17 13:53:35 CEST 2007

HI

I am creating an extension with, lets say, two related tables, one with
items and one with subitems.

My TYPO3 setup will include multiple users and they all have their own
sysFolders with items and subitems.
The subitems folder is placed inside the item folder.

Now, when a user creates a subitem in the sysforlder "subitems" he/she
can select which item it belongs to from a dropdown box.

The problem is, the user can see items created by other users. How do I
make that impossible?

Upon creating the plugin and the relation between the tables I first
chose Type to be "Selectorbox, select from current page"
but then no items would appear as they are in a folder(page) above the
one with the subitems.

Then I have tried "Selectorbox, select global" which led to the problem
previously described.

How do I solve this?

I know I could just create the items and subitems on the same page, but
eventually I will have more than 20 tables, equal to things
the user can create and I think it will be too confusing if they are all
on the same page.

Hope it makes sense what I am trying to accomplish.

/Brian Bendtsen