[TYPO3-dev] Fight the no_cache parameter

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Mon Apr 16 18:05:21 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Ok, to summarize everything. We have 3 types of caching:
> 1) 100% caching of the complete ext (ideal for read-only content, like
> displaying forum threads) - solution: USER
> 2) 100% not-caching (don't know what for) - solution: USER_INT

My forms are USER_INT:

  a) To display messages upon input errors.
  b) To to redisplay the user input itself.

> 3) Mixed caching (ideal for any kind of form) - solution: USER with
> set_no_cache() or pure USER_INT - both bad

... code showing handling of cache on plugin level ...

> I've also proposed extending storeHash() to provide better functionality for
> caching on extension level:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5425

So let's hope it will not wait to long, to be checked and implemented.

Regards

Elmar

--
Fight the no_cache parameter: