[TYPO3-dev] RFC:s standard processing property as stdWrap replacement

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Apr 14 18:39:50 CEST 2007

Bernd Wilke schrieb:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:20:53 +0200, Martin Kutschker wrote
> with subject "Re: [TYPO3-dev] RFC:s standard processing property as stdWrap
> replacement":
>
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> isn't that the same like object.stdWrap.cObject=COA ?
>> No.
>>
>>> What is with the other operations like converting etc. ?
>> All processing operations of stdWrap will be available. Only superfluos
>> wraps will removed, so there is only one wrap and no wrap2, innerWrap,
>> outerWrap, etc. They are no needed any more as every processing can be
>> applied mutliple times.
>
> are you sure?
>
> as far as I remember there is a difference between innerWrap and outerWrap,
> which you can't simulate with a single wrap/wrapiteration, because it is
> done at different stages of building the inner element.

No, not in a stdWrap.

> example:
> if you wrap a menu you have an iteration about the pages in one level. each
> of this iteration-cycles builds a link around a menutext (pagetitel).

You are talking of the wraps of a menu (some of them are stdWraps). My
proposal was for stdWrap itself.

Menus have as you have said a bumber of wraps. But they wrap different
parts of the menu.

Now, what do we have?

HMENU.wrap
HMENU.stdWrap
=>
HMENU.proc

TMENU.wrap
=>
TMENU.proc

That was easy. Now for a tetx menu item.

TMENUITEM.allWrap
TMENUITEM.allStdWrap
TMENUITEM.wrapItemAndSub
TMENUITEM.beforeWrap
TMENUITEM.afterWrap
TMENUITEM.linkWrap
TMENUITEM.stdWrap
TMENUITEM.stdWrap2

This is more complex and you cannot remove much:

TMENUITEM.proc [allWrap]
TMENUITEM.submenuProc [wrapItemAndSub]
TMENUITEM.textProc [stdWrap]
TMENUITEM.linkProc [linkWrap]