[TYPO3-dev] Generating Updatepackages

Andreas Otto andreas.otto at dkd.de
Fri Apr 13 16:39:16 CEST 2007

Hi Til,

Til Obes wrote:
> That isn't working for me :(

I did not say this is working ;-)
I just wripped it off some bash script I have written a year ago.

> My bash gives me: Syntax error: Bad substitution
>
> however when i execute:
> export RSYNC_PROXY=rsync-svn.sourceforge.net:80
> rsync -av rsync-svn-typo3::svn/typo3/* .
>
> i get:
> bad response from proxy -- HTTP/1.0 500 Unable to connect
> rsync: failed to connect to rsync-svn.sourceforge.net: Success (0)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(104)
> [receiver=2.6.9]

Maybe SF.net have changed the way you can mirror the SVN repository [1].

<QUOTE>
Backup Subversion Repository Contents

Read-only rsync access is provided to all SVN repositories. Rsync clients
exist for all current UNIX platforms and under Cygwin for Windows. To make
a full backup of your project:
# Replace PROJECTNAME with the project's UNIX name
rsync -av PROJECTNAME.svn.sourceforge.net::svn/PROJECTNAME/* .

The project 'gaim' would do the following:
rsync -av gaim.svn.sourceforge.net::svn/gaim/* .
</QUOTE>

Hope that helps.

[1]<http://sourceforge.net/docs/E09#backup>

Cheers,