[TYPO3-dev] TS compiler

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:56:58 CEST 2007

Hi!

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> currently I learn how to write compilers. As object of my lessons I have
> choosen TypoScript. I can produce the first output now, just the basics of
> the TS grammer for now to parse it into a PHP variable.
>
> Is there any interest in a TS compile written in C?

Check adodb php library. They have php extension written in C. PHP code
checks if it is available (tries to load it dinamically) and uses
automatically (transparently for caller). If you can make TS parser like
this, this would be absolutely wonderful!

> It could be offered as a (faster?) alternative to the standard
> PHP-compiler and could by compiled at least for Linux. I guess it should
> be possible to port it also for UNIX, Win and MAC OS.

If you use gcc (but without automake, etc) then it can be compiled for
Windows as well using MinGW port of gcc. I can compile it for you and
test if you have no Windows.

> One advantage will be, that it can report warnings like a typical compiler.

...using standard PHP function or custom logging hook. I like the idea!

> If it is successfull, the TSref specification could be implemented, to get
> feedback on errors. (As far as TSref is specific enough to do this.)

Also great idea!

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/