[TYPO3-dev] Speeding up Typo3

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Apr 11 17:18:16 CEST 2007

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] schrieb:
> John Angel schrieb:
>
>>> So you intend to split the filesystem like this?
>>> uploads/ext/JPG/so/some/someimage.jpg
>>

>> Format can be something like this:
>> directory/name_of_typo3_extension/first_two_letters_of_filename/filename
>>
>> E.g.
>>
>> uploads/tx_realurl/so/someimage.jpg
>> uploads/pics/so/someimage.jpg
>

> Ok, so I took "Extension" for "File Extension".
> But the Extension key isn't really needed for the function call since I
> can save all my data somewhere else if I want to.

Who is the "I" in the last sentence? A file will be stored in the folder
the TCA denotes. By convention the folder should have the TYPO3 extension
name in it. This makes sense and should not be changed.

For new data the TCA could be changed to have "uploadHash" property. The
contents denote how many letters of the md5 hash of the file name shall be
appended to the folder name.

directory/name_of_typo3_extension/first_N_letters_of_filename_hash/filename

Note: I suggest hashes for better distribution.

Masi