[TYPO3-dev] Rights for Content Elements

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Apr 11 17:12:23 CEST 2007

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> there is something, that is not consequent in Typo3 (AFAIK).
>
> For example the usergroup are not allowed to use the CE sitemap.
> In this case, he cannot insert the sitemap and he is not allowed to edit.
>
> But in the GUI he see the edit-icon and the delete-icon. These should be not
> visible to him.

Yes.

The same is true for many (if not all) of the workspace restrictions. Eg if
you cannot edit an element, because the WS has no auto-versionining and the
page/branch is not verisoned you'll get an error AFTER you have made your
changes and are trying to sabe the stuff.

I'm not sure if hiding or greying of standard icons like edit is better,
but it's important that the UI leads to no dead ends because of missing or
misplaced permission checks.

Masi