[TYPO3-dev] Speeding up Typo3

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Apr 11 14:15:10 CEST 2007

John Angel schrieb:
>>> BTW, is Oracle Clustered File System (under GPL) interesting for us:
>>> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs/
>>

>> Who is us? But why do you ask? Do you think TYPO3 should have some
>> special
>> options to work "better" on OCF?
>
> "us" means Typo3 community.
>
> I think we should do everything to speed up Typo3. If OCFS can help -
> excellent, since it is free (GPL).

Do you run all your installations in cluster? Do you expect our users to
run only on certified Linux boxes (certified for OCF I mean).

I did not really read the docs on the page, but the name and the short
descriptions says it is a clustered network file systems. I think it's
perhaps a good to use OCF in a high-availablility scenario, but it's
definitely nothing for the average installation.

But if some extra config in TYO3 improves reliablity/performance in a setup
involving OCF, then let's add it.

Though I think we should go back to real profiling.

Masi