[TYPO3-dev] Speeding up Typo3

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Tue Apr 10 13:36:43 CEST 2007

John Angel schrieb:
> Anyway, I think we should force using this function in all ext in the
> future, to be able to transparently do any kind of optimization.

An idea would be to have a PATH call somewhere like in enableFields
idea:
$lConf['image.']['file'] =
$this->pi_getStoragePath($table,$field).$row['filename'];

You could query TCA (making it slower again, maybe measure the benefit)
and get the path.

> Also, we can make update script (as part of the installation) for moving
> images to the new concept.

I suggest to have this as a CLI tool, because I have a customer with
more than 40.000 images in one folder ;-)
Apache might run into timeout troubles.