[TYPO3-dev] Speeding up Typo3

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:50:47 CEST 2007

John Angel wrote:
> Why? It is very easy to implement and work with:
>
> /uploads/somepicture.jpg
>
> becomes
>
> /uploads/so/somepicture.jpg
>
> The identical concept is already used in typo3temp/cache_pages directory.

It is totally different because built from scratch. But "uploads/extkey"
is documented and used for a long time already. The only thing that we
can do, is to add a flag to TCA to use new layout for directory. But old
should be default anyway. And we need to document how this layout is
organized, so that extensions could find their images easily (preferably
without hundreds calls to tcemain).

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/