[TYPO3-dev] The future of 4.x Extension Translation Handling?

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Wed Apr 4 07:42:33 CEST 2007

Currently - I guess I have to translate locally(on my own T3
installation) and then export the translation, and then send it to the
extension owner - and then he has to implement it, and then release a
new version of his extension.
I think that is far too many steps to implement a new language for an
extension.

You can translate a few selected extensions on the Translation Server,
but it doesn't seem to work when you try to upload these to your own T3
installation with the Translation Handling tool in the Extension
Manager! I think this is very bad - as the tool gives the impression
that translations for extensions works.

What is the TYPO3 4.x future of extension translation?

/Stig