[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Mon Apr 2 15:29:24 CEST 2007

Am Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:12:38 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:

> Elmar HInz wrote:
>> For time based object caching I would expect a setting in COA, USER class
>> etc.
>>
>>  10 = COA
>>  10.cachingPeriod = 3600
>>
>> I would not search for this function in a page class.
>
> This will cause major rewriting of core...

I know. And it is only a very simple example, may be not very useful
itself. Could be interesting in the context of blogs, articles, news, etc.

It depends very much on the usecase what should be cached or cleared and
under which circumstances.

Franz and Ries for example need a mechanism that triggers the caching of a
single details page when the data is updated by FE editing, without
deleting 50.000 other detail pages. tx_toicache clears a cache depending
on a given table and uid.

Regards

Elmar