[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Elmar HInz elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net
Mon Apr 2 14:40:41 CEST 2007

> And I wonder if your ideas for the muddled improvement of tslib_pibase
> are a good sign for future code :-)
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

if you refer to my suggestion to extend the API of tslib_pibase by
extending it (see the tx_base example) that is not good code. It is not
more then a patch for the most urgent problems.

Pros:

 * The urgent parts can be provided immidiately without big efforts.
 * The API can be developed step by step.
 * People can use this "patch" for existing extensions by simply
   exchanging the parent class and adapting a few functions.
 * Later they can move the old extension to a better API in a continous
   process.

Cons:

  * People can still muddle it with the ugly parts of slib_pibase.
    And if they can they surly will.
  * It's not implementet into the kickstarter, at least not yet.

So you prefer the big shot. All at once, fully new API, fully integration
into the kickstarter. There are 2 questions:

 * Who will do the job?
 * When does it come?

If you want to do it, I expect that nobody will hinder you and the result
would be appreciated by all.

Regards

Elmar