[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Apr 2 06:27:47 CEST 2007

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> "Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1175458083.11183.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>
>>> "Dmitry Dulepov" <9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> news:mailman.1.1175173443.25187.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

>>> Ok, here i have a question for a special case, and alos an example, that
>>> shows the difficults of right caching:
>>>
>>> On a list-view with a form, that filters the records, what is the best
>>> technique that the search results will be cached ?
>>>
>> Store the search result somewhere. Possible locations are the session or a
>> table. If you use a table you can share the results of popular searches
>> across sessions.
>>
>> I thought about creating this for the indexed search. and I even thought
>> about making a framework for other extensions. Maybe this is something for
>> ECT?
>>
>> Masi
>>

> hi Masi,
>
> sounds interesting, i'm not sure how this can be handled. Storing search
> results in a session is quite easy, but how do you present this on pages ?
> Storing search result in tables may be a good idea, but it sounds nearly
> same like creating cHashes for piVar-combinations.
>
> Can you give us a deeper thought of this ?
>
> vg  Steffen

this basically drills down that each extension needs to handle it's own
caching.
Like I said in a other post, there is no holy grail for caching, and each
extension needs to decide on it's own.... that is if much performance is
needed.

me and my colleague last year did that even for the generated URL's where
we found out that each URL took a couple of ms to generate .
The problem with our site  had like 100 links
on a single page which did make page rendering 'just' for the URL
already 200ms.

Unfortunately I current don't have any clue if we can create a API for
caching
that an extension could use in a fairly universal way.

Ries