[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Mon Apr 2 01:43:54 CEST 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1175457783.11183.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> "Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb
>> im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1175358350.7942.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> With replacement I mean something new alongside of tslib_pibase.
>>> Removing it from the Core is of course no option. Simply add the hot new
>>> stuff into tslib and make the Kickstarter support it.
>>>
>>> Masi
>>
>> what do you think about making a new function in pi_base, like
>>
>> function
>> pi_makeLink($str,$urlParameters=array(),$cache=0,$additionalConf=array(),$altPageId=0)
>> {...}
>> function
>> pi_makeLink_url($urlParameters=array(),$cache=0,$additionalConf=array(),$altPageId=0)
>> {...}
>>
>> so we have 1(2) new functions as typolink-Wrapper, keep a simple handling
>> and be compatible to old versions.
>> $additionalConf would be overriding conf for typolink.
>
> And have two more to add to the mess.
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

the idea is to leave the mess. It's only a possible example - if we have one
simple function that don't use the settings of the plugin setting, we can
add this functions to the kickstarter and educate the developers to use the
new functions in a good manner. After a while the older functions get
obsolete. The change of coarse is a long time process.
Also this would be a way to change this more quick. If you have a better
idea how we can solve this, please let us know.

vg  Steffen