[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Sun Apr 1 19:32:36 CEST 2007

"Elmar HInz" <elmar.hinz at team.MINUS.red.DOT.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1175431498.15203.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Am Sun, 01 Apr 2007 14:37:53 +0200 schrieb Elmar HInz:
>
>>> On a list-view with a form, that filters the records, what is the best
>>> technique that the search results will be cached ?
>>> I tried something like
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> (if the number of filter combinations is limited) {
>>
>>    you use a USER object and each combination is cached.
>>
>> } else {
>>
>>    you use a USER_INT, because an unlimited number of combinations should
>>    not be cached.
>>
>> }
>>
>> exit Elmar
>
> Error
>
> You don't have cHash in a form, so you can't cache the search result.

oh yes i have, if i use the action url that i generated.
Only using an USER i can't react on submitting the form because the page
will come from cache.

> For a limited number of combinations you would need to modify this in a
> way that it works with a cHashed URL for each combinations. You would
> need a list of links or a list of "single option forms" with the cHash as
> action.
>
> Regards
>
> Elmar

This would be possible with get-vars and a pre-generated url.
But it's a normal form with post-vars. I want it to be cached to be
searchable from whole site.

It's quite difficult, on one way i don't have results in cache, on other way
i have too much.
I also don't want to delete cache before displaying new result, depending on
search filter settings the result is quite different.

May be i have to generate the cHash with postvars for submit ? I'm not sure.

vg  Steffen