[TYPO3-dev] set_no_cache is bad. What's next?

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Sun Apr 1 12:55:34 CEST 2007

"Dmitry Dulepov" <9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1175173443.25187.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> From time to time I see that people try to use $TSFE->set_no_cache() in
> extensions. You know what happens next: no caching for pages, performance
> is terrible, web server is not responding, etc. At the same time,
> sometimes, in really rare cases caching must be disabled. But definitely
> not this way from extensions.
>
> Should we change this function in some way? Should it explain people that
> using it is no-good?
>
> Personally I would vote for radical methods like (1) keeping it but
> emptying or (2) writing commented phrase inside generated FE page that
> set_no_cache was used, so do not expect good performance.
>
> Any other ideas/opinions?
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
>
> Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
> Skype: callto:liels_bugs
>
> "It is our choices, that show what we truly are,
> far more than our abilities." (A.P.W.B.D.)

Ok, here i have a question for a special case, and alos an example, that
shows the difficults of right caching:

On a list-view with a form, that filters the records, what is the best
technique that the search results will be cached ?
I tried something like
<form action="###ACTION###" ...
and
$markerArray['###ACTION###']=$this->pi_linkTP_keepPIvars_url(array('t'=>time()),1);

so every call of the submitted form gets an own cHash, but this will flood
the cHash, it doesn't look for search combinations that are simular.

How will this be done best ?

vg  Steffen