[TYPO3-dev] workspaces and page permissions (web>access)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Sep 27 16:57:42 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Currently you may set page permissions on each page records. Therefore
> you may set different permissions for each WS *.

Hm, seems I was wrong. While you may SET the page permissions in a WS they
don't have any effect. Only the permissions of the LIVE WS are used.

But this leads also to an odd behaviour.

a) I'm on a WS and change the permissions... that is I think I change them.
In  fact I only prepare them for publishing. Ouch.

b) I'm on LIVE and change a whole set of page permissions with the "set
recursively" feature. Unfortunately I have to do this for ALL WS's unless I
want to loose new permissions.

Furthermore to add troubles to scenario b) there is a bug in web>access
with recursive setting (#3666 and #3252). You CANNOT set permissions
recursevly on WS'. It'd be great if you, Dmitry, or Kasper as WS authors
could resolve this issue. I simply do not dare to touch that code. Note
that the submitter of #3666 did dare and provided a patch.

Masi