[TYPO3-dev] Adding BE columns from extension ?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Wed Sep 27 13:43:43 CEST 2006

Steffen Kamper kirjoitti:
> "Tapio Markula" <tapio.markula at atwebteam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1159344594.2071.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Steffen Kamper kirjoitti:
>>> ok, i have to ask the other way:
>>>
>>> where and when are the BE columns rendered ?

> Hi Tapio again :-)
>
> ok, thx. This is first part of question, now the second part - "when"
> Is it possible that when the extension is loaded this is allready done ?
> So AFAIK there is no hook possible, I don't want to xclass this alt_doc for
> that.

that is not necessary. TCA-setting should be added automatic to these
files. There is proper TCA-system, which doesn't need XCLASS and hooks.
This concerns endeed just standard field setting.
In exceptional cases, XCLASS is need, for example erotea_date2cal,
which adds image.

> Next possibility - is there a Typo3-method to write something in
> localconf.php ?

TCA setting are newer written to localconf- files but either to
ext_tables.php or tca.php.
Maybe missing some information from ext_tables.php.
Anyway look from other extension, how they define TCA colums in
ext_tables.php and tca.php files.