[TYPO3-dev] Google eMail accounts for your domain

Jens Schulze jens at trickbetrueger.org
Tue Sep 26 16:10:07 CEST 2006

JoH wrote:

> But where's the difference to other E-Mail Accounts?
> If I take the essence of your statement you should immediately drop any kind
> of mailing activities (even snail mail) and visit the recipients in real
> life to tell them what you wanted to write, just to make sure nobody can
> read it.

The main point of my posting was to show how innocent Andreas point of
view about this cool and free service was.

The difference between the mentioned Google solution and a mail server
at my provider is that the one is free, but without any privacy (where
privacy isn't "the technician might be able to read my mails", but "a
bunch of scripts scan and parse my mail for datamining"), and the other
I pay for, where the technician is able to read the mails, and will most
likely only read my mails during troubleshooting a problem. And well, I
know the technician personally... ;-)

If I want privacy (well, at least this side of the network interface
card of my server), I will have to field my own mail server, where only
trusted persons have access to, and/or utilize PGP and related tools.

To summarize: yes, you need a little bit of trust, but I have more trust
in my provider than in the G. advertising moloch.

Jens