[TYPO3-dev] $this->pi_exec_query doesn't work correct with workspaces?

Johannes Konert johanneskonert at gmx.de
Fri Sep 22 21:28:58 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Johannes Konert schrieb:
>>
>> It seems to me, that pi_exec_query does not use the versionOL() for
>> workspaces and does not handle the enableFields correctly in this case.
>
> BTW, the function does not handle translations either.

I did not use multilanguage-feature for now, but it is planned....
So I can allready schedule some extra time...thanks for the hint, but
language selection should be pretty easy. Is not that complex like
selecting the right bunch of rows from Live and Draft together.

>> The CORE API document says:
>> "For the frontend the challenges are mostly related to creating
>> correct previews of content in workspaces. For most extensions this
>> will work transparently as long as they use the API functions in TYPO3
>> to request records from the system."
>> So it should work with pi_exec_query.
>
> Seems that TYPO3 doesn't hold it's promises.

It seems...anyway the workspaces are still a good concept. I just have
to go all over my code to rewrite all SQL-requests.