[TYPO3-dev] Indexed search slow with 2500 news records. Possible solution

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Sep 22 15:23:25 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> R. van Twisk wrote:
>
>> I wasn't planning to index the DB directly, although it is possible.
>> Basically I want to let it crawl the website so all URL's are respected,
>> and then basicly i think about realUrl.
>>

> It will create high load on the web site if all pages are crawled.

it will indeed, however I still fell that indexed search will take much
more resources
from the system when the number of pages and content is big then using mno.
But I agree... using realUrl might take up a lot of load from the system.
I will do some testing with this.

>> On the other hand I 'could' let it index the DB directly, and on return of
>> results I can re-write page id's for realUrl's.
>>

> I do not remember how indexers work in mnogosearch but I remember I had
> ideas to integrate indexer with typo3 somehow.

I have seen you can let mno index a DB directly, tell it what fields to
index etc....
But I think I will let it crawl a website something like once a day.
One problem is that since in my case my site needs to have access
permissions to
see a page at all. This means that ALL pages need to be generated, which
will
create a huge performance problem. This might not be the case with any
regular
'static' website. Unfortunately typo3 is not fast when it comes to
un-cached content.

>> Dmitry, do you ave an idea how to solve the permission problem other
>> then I proposed in one of my last mails?
>>

> I am not sure what you mean...

When I setup an access groups for some pages, I need to respect that with
the search results. So when a user is in group A, I don't want to return
search results index by a user in group B.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer