[TYPO3-dev] $this->pi_exec_query doesn't work correct with workspaces?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Sep 22 09:15:02 CEST 2006

R. van Twisk schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> R. van Twisk schrieb:
>>>
>>> maybe workspace development should be stopped in favor of 5.0
>>> developments.
>>
>> Will 5.0 have no more workspaces? What are the ideas
>
> Basicly what i was trying to say is re-think about workspaces, because I
> do think it's a great idea,
> but there are currently to much problems with it (from what I see here,
> other people might disagree).

Little write here about WS and mostly it's complaints.

> A CMS system should manage content. This is a task of the CMS, this
> means that any extension should not worrie about where content comes from,

No, the user should not have to worry. A devolper should to some degree.
Otherwise the performance will be poor.

> Also if we use a storage engine like that it is much easer to connect
> it to different database systems (I still don't like it that I cannot
> use postgresql easly with typo3).

What's broken with PostgreSQL and DBAL? I'm about to set up such a system.
Any pifalls you knwo about?

 > maybe store content in LDAP, should theoretically be possible...

Oh my. Of course it would be possible. You could also story all data in
plain text files.

> Now a concept in practice:
> Think of file systems, we have EXT3, ext2, xfs and many more.
>  From the programs perspective he doesn0t care what file system it is
> stored, and the program just uses the file API (fileopen, fileclose etc)
> to store files.

Yep, and the application has to take care of all the things necessary to
use the FS in a meaningful way.

Masi