[TYPO3-dev] Indexed search slow with 2500 news records. Possible solution

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Sep 21 21:41:01 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Valery Romanchev wrote:
>
>> I think the solution of irrelevant search speed can be to make simple
>> search extension with the usage of  MySQL FULLTEXT for
>> index_fulltext.fulltextdata
>>

> I afraid it is not portable across databases. And it can be used only if
> engine type is myisam, which is not always the case.

Soon I will possible be starting a new search extension. I have two
reasons for that:

1) Slow searching on larger installations
2) Results returned by indexed search are far from good. (try this:
http://typo3.org/index.php?id=1344&tx_indexedsearch[sword]=tt_news)
3) This I am not sure, but mnogosearch will index PDF, WORD documents
and what you configure for it,
I am not sure if indexed search can do that aswell).

I am going to use mnogosearch for this purpose, it has a couple of
upsides, and downsides.

Upsite:
1) It's extremely fast, even indexing +100.000 and for more is not a
problem.records or files.
2) It will return relevant searches a lot better (IMHO)

Downside:
1) mnogosearch php extension needs to be installed
2) Some special configs needed (outside of typo3).. Not sure yet...
3) mnogo is payware in windows machines, but who cares about windows and
webservers?

In my case the upsites outweighs the downsides for me (for me that is),
this extension
will not be for everybody, some as indexed search I think.

Anybody who has mnogosearch experiences want to share thoughts with me?
I do have experiences with mnogosearch but it is a bit limited, so
sharing some
ideas might be a good idea in this case.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer