[TYPO3-dev] $this->pi_exec_query doesn't work correct with workspaces?

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Sep 21 21:30:11 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Johannes Konert wrote:
>
>> Thanks for feedback. I am afraid, I have to write the Database-queries
>> and workspace-handling and versioning-filtering myself....
>>

> This is bad. Much better if you make a patch and write a bug report
> about it. If you do your own queries, your extension may become
> incompatible if anything in workspaces changes.

maybe workspace development should be stopped in favor of 5.0 developments.
I always used execSELECTquery together with enableFields (is that
compatible?)

I personally will not make my extensions work with Workspaces, nor I will
do any test with it. Some people have success with clients and workspaces,
some people don't have good success. As long as I don't understand
workspaces myself for the full 100% it will be impossible as a extension
developer to create compatible extensions.

Also to be honest I never tried workspaces because of the number of
restrictions
while working in a workspace.

In 5.0 there will be a method for storing and retrieving data,
I truly hope that in 5.0 we never have to do any SQL query at all from
anything outside of the core. but we just use data retrieval methods.
Something I mentioned and talked about with some people
at least 1 year ago.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk